If you’re making summer travel plans, this podcast is for you!
Lily Fouts is a author and world traveler who shares tips and insights on how to live the nomad lifestyle.
She’s just wrapped up here latest book “Live Like a Local in Loja “ all the while growing her website “Travel Beyond Excuse” and writing her second book “Seven Years Running” – an autobiography about her fugitive childhood.
In This Episode
- Learn everything you need to know to prepare for a trip abroad or at home
- 3 awesome tips on finding accommodations away from home
- Learn how to save money for traveling
- 4 tools to help you learn a new language
Don’t go it alone!
Items of Interest
- Connect with Lily – Check out Lily’s website or follow her on Facebook, YouTube, or Twitter
- Travel Beyond Excuse – Lily’s travel site
- How to Travel More – Learn to save for travel, earn frequent travel miles, and earn more cash to travel
- Live Like a Local in Loja – Discover the pros and cons and everything else you’d need to know about traveling to Loja, Ecuador here! Also a ton of tips applicable to making any move abroad!
- Seven Years Running – Download a free chapter of Lily’s book on her fugitive childhood
- Couch Surfing – Awesome resource for finding local accommodation (and providing it) at home or abroad
- Fluent in 3 Months (affiliate link) – Learn better, faster, more efficient ways of learning languages with this book recommended by Lily in the cast
- italki – Connect with native speakers of nearly any language for one-on-one lessons here
- Duolingo – Learn a language for free with this popular language learning platform
- Memrise – Excellent resource for learning new vocab and languages
- How to Learn Any Language in Six Months – Ted Talk with Chris Lonsdale on… well the title says it all!
What landed with you? Share below